I am what I choose to be Journal Pages


"I am what I choose to be" Journal Pages

I've been collecting inspiring quotes for some time now. I needed to find a use for them so I thought it would be fun to create journal pages with them. I made these two pages in my 8.5″ x 11″ Strathmore Mixed Media Visual Journal
To start, prep your pages with a coat of white gesso and let it dry.  Pick 3-4 colors of acrylic paint and paint your pages. I painted the background first. Once it was dry I distressed the edges. Next I used a few of the lighter colors of paint to add some fun shapes to background using a bottle cap and a pencil with an eraser. 
When this layer was dry, I used a white Posca pen to draw a few organic doodles. I've gone through a lot of white pens trying to find one that worked on various surfaces. Needless to say, the vast majority didn't work well or just stopped working altogether. The white Posca pen has become my favorite. I've had this one for a little over a year and it's still working great!
The next step in creating these pages was to choose a quote. I chose this quote by Carl Jung, "I am not what has happened to me. I am what I choose to be." It resonated with me so I printed it on the computer and glued it into the journal. I then outlined each part of the quote with a dark marker. The last step was to add dark green Stickles for a little bling and that was it!
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have lots of fun creating your journal pages!!

   

 

Comments

Popular Posts